When you review the top flexo printers all over the world, you hear names of companies who have multiple factories, machines number ranging in hundreds and a team in place to manage all this. This is a phenomenon we do not get to see in India.
India does possess able entrepreneurs who are willing to take their companies to global levels. Although the necessary ﬁnancial capital is available to achieve this, yet we need to strengthen and empower the human capital required to realize the perceived vision and global scale aspirations. Although some initiatives have been taken, we still have a long way to go.
FlexoGurukul is one such attempt to fill the gap that this industry suffers in the field of training. It is a seminar based technical training program which aims to impart technical knowledge in flexo printing with a very unbiased approach.
An excellent technical orientation initiative of Fasco. A great beginning of the seminar series, given the diverse mix of attendees representing prominent Printing Cos as well as aspirants. Participation of Supplier community supporting such a knowledge forum was encouraging. Basics were very well articulated and we wish the upcoming sessions will go more in depth.
“The knowledge level of Mr. Frank, the trainer at Flexo Gurukul, was excellent and it was certainly useful for our staff that attended the session”
Frank is a powerful & passionate speaker and his in depth knowledge about Flexo is remarkable. Frank conducted very effective & insightful workshop on challenges faced by team on day to day basis, which helped in bringing some of the better practises in printing. Highly recommended.
The time i spent at the 1st FlexoGurukul has made me crave more to learn about this art of printing called Flexo. It has made me fall in love with it! I am really looking forward to the next session
October 27th and 28th, Pragati Maidan, New Delhi, India
Shakuntalam Convention Centre
Season 2 of FlexoGurukul is focussed on “Managing Colour in the Flexo Press Room” Here are the top reasons why you should join FlexoGurukul
- Unrealistic customer expectations regarding color accuracy and consistency
- Failing to meet customer color appearance, accuracy and consistency expectations, even when they are realistic
- Appearance of incompetence
- Unclear color expectations on the pressroom floor
- Excessive downtime matching spot colors and process tones
- Excess waste of materials
- Conflicts between prepress and pressroom (blaming each other for color issues; not understanding the source of color mismatches)
- Colors shifting during jobs
- Guessing at what to do to correct process colors during job
- Accumulation of used custom ink batches
- Failure to capture knowledge acquired with each batch blended
- Slower development of formula archive
- Loss of knowledge with departure of skilled technicians
- Loss of formulas due to inadequate archiving
- Difficulty in sharing formulas and other color knowledge across the enterprise
- Diminished ability to react to changes in ink bases used to create formulas
Click Here to download the PROGRAM SCHEDULE. You will find the schedule for Autumn 2014 & Spring 2015. The Spring event will be held in Mumbai in April 2015. We will announce the dates and venue closer to the event. Attendance in Autumn 2014 is recommended, as content will NOT be repeated thereon. We will progress from session to session